Wednesday, March 18, 2009

814. Still in Italy.

Everybody and their mother is on Facebook nowadays, including mine. In fact, she poked me tonight.

It was a strange moment. I didn't know what to do. I mean, I couldn't tell on her, to her. It just doesn't work that way. If only my dad were on Facebook... but then again, I know what he would say. Janelle, listen to your mother. "But, Dad, she poked me!" What did I say? Don't make me repeat myself.

I wish that Facebook had a "touch" feature, because my sister and brother are also on Facebook. What I wouldn't give to read on my mom's wall a message from my brother, "Mom! Janelle touched me!," followed by a message on my wall, "Janelle! Leave your brother alone!"

You can't go back, but maybe I can try with Facebook.

.......

Felt some perplexed amusement when I saw an email from "Who Has The Biggest Bra" informing me that it is now available on iPhone. Lucky me?, I efficiently wondered in response to the question and for the information. A closer inspection revealed it was actually Facebook's addictive game "Who Has the Biggest Brain". (I qualified it with the word "addictive" only out of consideration for those who are ahead of me, because I would much rather have adjectified* it with "stupid waste of time". Me, a sore loser? Nooo...!)




*
Yeah, I know, it's not a "real" word. However, no words were real words before they became words.

............

If you are a person moved or inclined to pray or telepathically send out get-well-wishes to strangers who are sick, I need you. My sister's father-in-law is in the hospital, and from what little I can gather, he isn't doing so well. They think he had a stroke, and tomorrow he is scheduled for an operation to relieve some pressure on his brain.

..........

No comments: