Tuesday, June 05, 2007

689. Now we know why he shrugged: Old age and confusion.

I was getting ready to head out to Abbey Bookshop to exchange the copy of Atlas Shrugged I bought last week when I noticed something unusual:

P6050002.jpg

The copy I bought is on the left and, if I'm to believe the cover, its story is 50 years older than the book on the right. (A friend from back home sent me one. That's why I have two.)

Hm.

3 comments:

Being John Galt said...

Hi Janelle,

Nothing here to wonder about, actually. The cover marked with the "100" is one used in a 2005 printing, which marked the 100th birthday of Ayn Rand, who was born in 1905. The second cover is from 2007 and refers to the 50th anniversary of the publishing of Atlas Shrugged.

Mystery solved :)

-Antony
Minneapolis, MN

Unknown said...

Thank you, Antony. I guessed as much. The covers could be runners up in my Bad Design of the Week award because, the editors could've been more clear about exactly which anniversaries they are celebrating. (Especially since both covers are exactly the same!)

Willie Baronet said...

Old age, confusion, and faulty politics. ;-)

Hope you are having the best time ever in Paris! You know there is nothing better than Paris in the spring.