Friday, May 25, 2007

681. Lounging at the Louvre and elsewhere.

My title says it all:


Large Louvre loungers in the 5th-18th Century French Sculpture wing.


The Louvre is a place for the little loungers among us, particularly for those who lounge on their left side. These are Middle Eastern antiques from the 3rd to 7th century.


A moment between a wingless cherub and Marguerite Valon: He is trying to convince her that heaven is a nicer place to lounge, but as a true lounger, she is lazy and would prefer not to move. Statue funéraire de Marguerite Valon by Jean Dubois. 1674.

Yesterday, I met a friend for lunch and then I went for a little stroll in a park across the street from the Palais de L'Élysée (which is now the official residence of President Nicolas Sarkozy).

P5240008.jpg
My lunch: Ravioli. Trust me, it tasted better than it looks!

P5240013.jpg
The guarded and gated entrance to the Palais d' Élysée.


P5240022.jpg
An expert lounger: me resting after my stroll. I even napped. Yes, life is good.


Lounging in the Metro: Advertising works! A billboard in the Metro and a homeless man.

P5230006.jpg
FBI apparel is popular here in France. Why? If you have a theory, I'd like to hear it.

P5220004.jpg
My meal on Tuesday night: Duck with polenta and mango. My dinner companion had the same dish. We agreed, it was pretty tasty.

............
Finally! Off and on for the past couple of weeks I've been thinking about "tagging" and wondering why it's not more common in my blog circle. Some people express playful annoyance when they are tagged, but not me! I love being tagged, because it makes me feel loved. (Whether or not that's the case, is not relevant to me.)

So, thank you Valerie for tagging me!

The top 5 reasons why I blog:
1) I'm addicted.
2) I crack myself up, and feel compelled to share with you how funny I think I am.
3) I love taking pictures and writing.
4) I cherish the feeling of community and connectedness with those who comment and those whose blogs I follow.
5) Alas, I'm lazy and undisciplined. There are a more important and pressing things I should/need to do. Like apply for scholarships, find a job in KY, find a place to live in KY, figure out a way to make $$, make the most of my time here in Europe--like visit other nearby cities/villages/countries... Oh, I suck.

My turn to tag 5, 6 people:
Lisa (Her blog is private, so I'm going to tag 6 people)
Mona
Sara
Sleep Goblin
Tiny Hands
Mike

7 comments:

Ken Houghton said...

We still need a picture of the new 'do.

Anonymous said...

yay! Thanks for tagging me, even though I'm private with my blog for now. I agree with Ken, we still need a picture Janelle!

Anonymous said...

I like that you can see that guy's belly button.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to Valerie too!
It’s always interesting to learn why people blog.

~ Scot

Unknown said...

Ken: Coming soon... I think.

Lisa: Look forward to reading your response. :)

MT: I thought you would.

Scot: Do you have a blog?

Anonymous said...

Heh, heh....it took me 20 minutes to think of an appropriate comment.
I can't imagine how long it would take me to compose daily blog entries!
:)
Still, for the many reasons people give, writing a blog does have it's appeal.
Perhaps a photo blog might be a good start?

~Scot

Unknown said...

That would be an excellent start, Scot. Let me know!