
World's ugliest outfit. Mon dieu!

I found a fabulous tea shoppe: Thé et Chocolat at 88 rue de Rennes. Tea and chocolate... life doesn't get better than this. Their jasmine tea is excellent.

On Friday evening, Johnny Cash was on Columbo! I didn't stay to watch the episode because I went to a jazz concert the nifty little café in my neighborhood (see prior post). I met 4 engineers who were so nice. They were very fun to hang out with. They told me about Eddy Izzard (whose name sounded familiar to me, but who I couldn't place) and how he is popular in France. For some reason, as they described him to me further, I couldn't stop laughing and my laughing was contagious. "Let me get this straight," I said. "He's an English guy who moved to San Francisco. He became a transvestite, and now he tours Europe to make fun of San Francisco?" I guess it's one of those "you had to be there" moments. We also talked about politics, entertainment, being off the map, the French, the Americans, and other funny things.
I'm off. I hope there aren't too many errors in this post, because I have no time to proof read it. I'm outta here and late for a lunch date. (But I just had to post something. Life is nicer having a blog to post to.)
À bientôt!
………………………
janelle renée song of the day!
Blondie's Heart Of Glass
Once I had a love and it was a gas
Soon turned out had a heart of glass
Seemed like the real thing, only to find
Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind
Once I had a love and it was divine
Soon found out I was losing my mind
It seemed like the real thing but I was so blind
Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind
In between
What I find is pleasing and I'm feeling fine
Love is so confusing there's no peace of mind
If I fear I'm losing you it's just no good
You teasing like you do
Once I had a love and it was a gas
Soon turned out had a heart of glass
Seemed like the real thing, only to find
Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind
Once I had a love and it was divine
Soon found out I was losing my mind
It seemed like the real thing but I was so blind
Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind
Lost inside
Adorable illusion and I cannot hide
I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside
We could've made it cruising, yeah
Yeah, riding high on love's true bluish light
Once I had a love and it was a gas
Soon turned out I had a heart of glass
Seemed like the real thing only to find
Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind
3 comments:
The JC episode is one of the great Columbos--one of the best Lucy moments (squirrel meat), Cash covering Kristofferson and Hank Williams, a hilarious character actor appearance (the brass who "remembers" Cash's days as a paratrooper), and some really nice Music Moments. And that's ignoring the character, who crosses Marjoe with Jerry Lee's cousin.
Eddie Izzard has "a small, deeply deranged" following--made larger these days, perhaps, by his co-starring with Minnie Driver in The Riches. Definitely an acquired taste, but I suspect you may be prone to the infection.
Count me among the small and deeply deranged. His standup is hilarious. The Riches isn't a comedy, exactly, but I've been enjoying it so far. It's on FX, which I imagine you'll have to wait until you get "home" to catch.
Ken: Squirrel meat? Hm. Something tells me you are a member of E.I.'s following. (As in, it takes one to know one.) I'll have to check him out!
TH: Well, if E.I. is as popular as the engineers claim, I imagine I'll see him here!
And wherever home is...je ne sais pas.
Post a Comment