Friday, June 16, 2006

394. To beep or not to beep.

Mike is the winner of a recent contest here at Just Thoughts. His prize? A 55* written for him.

I enjoy writing 55s for fellow bloggers. (Sara won the first contest last week.) I'm thinking I would like to have this as a regular feature on my little blog. That is, having a random contest and offering a 55 as a prize, if my readers are interested (?). Is a 55-prize an enticing enough prize, or should I scrap this idea and go back to writing my old boring random 55s? Please chime in and let me know!


55 Fiction (?) Friday: What the beep?

BEEP.

"Now what?!"

BEEP.

"Grrr..."

Mike left his online scrabble game to find his nemesis the BEEP.

BEEP.

He checked the microwave.

BEEP.

Nope.

BEEP.

The toaster?

BEEP.

Nope.

"Aurgh! Zog mad now!"

"What's wrong, Daddy?" Daisy asked.

"I can't find what's beeping."

"Daddy, it's me!" Daisy beamed. "Now we have four ways to fart!"

------------
*What is 55 Fiction Friday?
------------

7 comments:

Kiah-Monique said...

haha! funny, but whats 55s?

Tonya said...

Yes, prizes are great and what could be better than an individualized 55.

Cute story too.

Unknown said...

TATNB: Welcome!

Those darn little footnotes do get lost sometimes!

What is 55 Fiction Friday?

-------
xsfby: Kissing on the San Francisco Bay.

Unknown said...

Tonya! :

We posted at the exact same time. This is the 2nd time it's happened to me this week.

Thank you for chiming in. I'm glad you liked my story. I look forward to writing one for you.

Mike said...

I LOVE it! Thank you.

Neel Mehta said...

Man, that captured Mike exceedingly well.

I am so afraid of what a personalized 55 for me would be like. Remind me to underperform in all your contests.

Unknown said...

Mike: You're welcome! I'm you liked your 55, it was a fun one to write.

Neel: Thank you! A 55 for you would be fun, too. You'll just have to ask somebody else to remind you.