Thursday, May 18, 2006

359. Are you at the edge of your seat? No? Me neither.

The call came almost too late. I was about to give up all hope for my poor sensitive Business Website.

"Lady, this is the 'Engineer.' You know, the Bad Guy that has your Business Website. Meet me at the abandoned warehouse at 3rd and Clay in one hour."

"Who has your... Oh, never mind. One hour? Gee. How about in two? I have Marge calling me back in 15. The mail person is running late. Jack is supposed to..."

"Do you want to see your Business Website again or not, lady?"

"No need to get testy now. What's with you Bad Guys? Do all of you have anger issues? And why the affinity for abandoned warehouses? Why don't we meet at the Lake? It's prettier there."

"Lady, you are starting to get on my nerves. Do you want your Business Website to lose another finger?"

"Another?! God, NO! I'll be there in an hour."

"Don't forget the ransom. And no police!"

"Fine. Whatever."

*click*

I hung up and wondered how I could fit my hypothetical Funny into my briefcase. My real one was missing. (Shirley the She-Rooster, I'm still waiting.) I thought, maybe I should throw the Funny That's Not Mine into the case and hope they don't notice the difference. I know one thing about Bad Guys: they aren't too bright.

3 comments:

High Power Rocketry said...

: )

Mike said...

I'm falling off my seat! Give me some closure!

Unknown said...

Alex: :)


Mike: You got it!