Friday, May 05, 2006

346. 55 Non-Friction* Fiction Friday

55 Fiction Friday:

Alex Loves Sloppy Susie Kisses

"Done!" Susie said as she signed her name to the last thank-you card.

"You forgot someone," Alex responded through his sexy smile.

Susie grabbed a blank card and scribbled, "Thank you, in advance, for many joyous years as my HUSBAND!"

She handed it to Alex, but not before she gave him a sloppy kiss.


---------
Alex might love sloppy kisses, but I love Firefox web browser. Look, ma, I can actually edit my posts' appearance!

* My first 55 Fiction Friday was fraught with friction. I think it made some of you uncomfortable. No? So, for and in honor of the newly engaged Sleep Goblin and Dragonslayer, here is a happy one!

May you have many happy ones and more sloppy kisses than you can stand.

---------
This just in!
Today's 55 is:

5/5, 55

Hey, did Neel post his 55 on 5/5 at 5:05? I bet he did. Let me check... Of course, he did!

13 comments:

Willie Baronet said...

Thanks for those very kind wishes. I wish the same for you too. And hey, what happened to my "special" section? :-)

Mike said...

Nice catch on Neel's 5:05 post. And welcome to the Firefox world! Blogger and Safari don't mix very well. Google never liked Mac folks.

Unknown said...

Willie: "Arty" is way more special than "Special."

Mike: Beep.

Unknown said...

Mike: I just read your comment on your blog. Sounds like you're all beeped out. Now, I want you to just breathe and relax. No more beeping from me. Promise.

Beep. (Sorry, couldn't help myself!)

Unknown said...

It's good to know that others are celebrating 55 Fiction on 5/5. Check out my 55 fiction at www.worddaze.blogspot.com.
Brian

Tonya said...

Love your story. It made me smile.

And it made me want some sloppy kisses of my own.

Neel Mehta said...

Funny story. And way to go, Alex. I can't do a sexy smile without coming across as cheesy.

Unknown said...

Brian: What a talented staff (of you? of one?) you have over there at Word Daze! Are you hiring?

Tonya: Hello, and welcome to my little blog! Thank you and I'm glad you liked my story. Sloppy kisses are nice, aren't they?

Neel: Funny. I actually stopped and thought, who's Alex? Duh! Thank you. Sexy smiles are hard to pull off, even for droids.

TheTart said...

So does being Arty make me 'special' too? Now I miss being in the snuggly company of Mike, BEEP. And well in my opinion, Mike is special too & a bit Arty in a wordy way.

So off to Neel's I go.

Smooch,
The Tart

BTW, JR/CKS, the mall here in Dallas has just become the new Southern Meca ~ all UR Tarty shopping desires can be satisfied here! They even added a park, gotta talk with them about my Reading Park.

I am planning to ask Rrramone to be the head LP at the park, natch! (So U must come to Dallas some time.)

Unknown said...

Jocelyn: I thought it went without saying, but I'll say it anyway, you're special, too!

Mike: You're moving. I think you already know the neighbors.

Unknown said...

Oh! Forgot to write:

Dallas...it's on my list of places to visit!

Sleep Goblin said...

It's funny that this is the story you choose to write and dedicate to me. DS has recently discovered a way to mess with me that involves sloppy kisses, and usually gets him a big kick! Though somehow I always end up laughing, so I guess he's okay :)

Unknown said...

SG: Really? That is so cool!