55 Fiction Friday:
Slate
"Fog? Really? It's so high up."
"We don't get tully fog here, Marie."
(Isaac only said her name when he was annoyed.)
"The hills look like white elephants."
"I know that story. Don't say that."
"Well, they do, Isaac."
Marie stayed in bed for another minute, then got up.
"It's time I take a shower."
9 comments:
Mind meld! You write a 55 word short story -- I write a 1200 word diatribe!
Dude. Such angst. Wow.
Sleep Goblin: I'll tell Marie and Isaac to kiss and make up. They made a mess of my blog.
Your story paints a nice, intimate picture. I want to say something funny, but I got nothing. I'll wait for Mike's comment.
Welcome, fellow 55 writer. Keep it up.
Don't wait for me, Neel. I got nothing smart to say. If it's fiction, and it doesn't have aliens from another planet in it, it baffles me.
It is a sci-fi story. Marie is from Kluperitera, and Isaac (isn't it obvious?!) is from Zornutopia Major. Marie and Isaac are speaking in code and are teaming up to fight the invader Fogizorgo.
Is this a Scientology thing?
Neel: Thank you kindly! (I deleted my previous comment to correct my WV when you posted your comment. Now everything is all out of whack. D'oh!)
Mike: What am I to do with you? It is a sci-fi story. Marie is from Kluperitera, and Isaac (isn't it obvious?!) is from Zornutopia Major. Marie and Isaac are speaking in code and are teaming up to fight the invader Fogizorgo.
---------
vtxndoa (shorthand for: V-Texan, DOA): The coroner wrote this on Josephine's toe tag. He thought she needed a special one since, to his knowledge, Josephine was Texas's first and last vegan.
Neel: I can't believe I forgot to comment on your Scientology remark.
There.
OM: I'm replying to your comment. Better late than never, right?
:)
------
fujfx: Fudge fix, of course! No need for a definition. We all know what that means!
Post a Comment