I recently purchased some perfume from one of my favorite lingerie boutiques, A La Folie.
What does A La Folie mean? Here's a romantic story to explain:
When French women pluck flower petals, they don't take any chances.
From A La Folie's old website: "Your lover doesn't simply 'love you' or 'love you not'; instead he loves you a little, then a little bit more, until (hopefully) the last petal declares that he loves you 'a la folie'--to the point of madness."
Très romantique, ne c'est pas? I thought so, too.
However, I didn't find the name of my newly purchased perfume to be very romantic, Premier Figuier Extreme Eau de Parfum.
Extreme? Maybe it is the plane of existence above madness.
Granted, I now smell like a fig. A sexy fig. Maybe even like an extreme fig. Yum.
Here's the perfume. Don't buy it here, at the link, though. As one of my friends likes to say, Neiman Marcus=Needless Mark-up. (I still love you, NM!)
------
Here is a cached google page with a review of A La Folie (the lingerie boutique) . Check it out if you are ever in town. Tell Nafissa, the French owner, I sent you.
6 comments:
You're one far out chick or dude.
I love fig smells. I have a fig basil lotion, and a vanilla fig candle. I'm glad I know one other person now who likes it. You'll have to let me smell that if I ever see you.
Oscar-- Um... thanks?
Sleep Goblin-- Fig basil sounds interesting. Who makes it? Yum--fig and vanilla, that smell would turn me into goo. In a good way.
I like the bottle. C'est tres jolie, n'est pas?
Sara-- Oui!
The fig basil is by Avon's teenage line, called Mark.
The fig vanilla is from my store!
Post a Comment