The past couple of weeks have been crazy over here in my neck o' the woods:
-devoured books on, then converted my business to a LLC (Amazingly simple to do which is why I read up on it. "What's the catch?" No catch. Some things are easy.)
-remodeled the showroom (new wood floors, paint, lighting, acquired more pieces, etc...)
-1 scouting photo shoot, 2 full day photo shoots for our company's products (Surprisingly exhausting! I have a new respect for professional photographers. Moving things, changing lenses, changing lights, up ladders, down ladders, computer imaging, staging--so many things to fine tune and adjust until the best shot is achieved.)
-website revamp (still working on this beast)
-patenting my light fixture design
-preparing 3 nice presentations/submissions for 3 different products for the NY design contest
-sleep deprivation--too excited about all these changes to sleep well!
-car problems
Phew! It's been exhausting, exhilarating, and SCARY!
I promised Tom Bozzo in a recent comment, that I had a Cayenne story to tell. You may recall that my car was in the shop, and I was given a Rendez-YUCK to drive. 5 days without my car is like going through 5 days without anybody smiling at you. (And literally, people don't smile at people in Rendez-Yucks!) I picked up my car last Friday, and we had a wonderful weekend. Come Monday and with it, the rain. The car doors fail; the inside of my car is wet, wet, wet. (A problem that was supposed to be fixed.)
Back to the shop. I leave with a Dodge Durango. It's a much more superior SUV than the Buick. Although, I wouldn't trust the brakes if my life depended upon it, and the car was only 1,300 miles old. I also understand why they call it a "Dodge". The doors have the rebound of a shot gun. (I'm no stranger to skeet shooting. Surprised?) Just when you think you have them--the doors--open, they close back onto you! I have 3 new bruises to show for it. I want a purple heart. I was forever dodging those damn doors. There were curse words, too. I was quite the diva drama queen.
2 days later, I get the call: I can pick up my car! I was on location for the photo-shoot, so I asked R to go get my car for me. I called my service guy to let him know. R thinks that the car was pissed-off that her mom didn't come get her, because the electronic seat adjusters didn't work. I think that the head service guy jerry-rigged it, because between you and me, he has a crush on me. (The cutest slip escaped his lips when I picked up my car yesterday (it was with them for about 2 weeks): "Yeah, I'll miss you. Um. I mean I'll miss your car." To which I responded: "She'll miss you, too.") I can't say that I wasn't a little disappointed that I was stuck at the photo shoot. It's nice being around somebody who gets cute and nervous in your presence. Isn't it?
So, R comes back with the loaner: A brand new Cayenne! It only had 23 miles (yes, TWENTY THREE MILES) on it. You are going to think I am the world's biggest hypocrite when I tell you that I want one. It's an SUV. It's beautiful. It's intuitive. It goes when you step on the gas, it stops when you hit the brakes. If you never driven a German sports car, you may not fully appreciate what I'm saying. The car truly is an extension of the driver. There are no middle-man delays, red tape, and drama that regular cars have. (I didn't know this until I bought my car.) The Cayenne is like my Boxster, but only more luxurious.
Tom wrote this about Porsche Caymans: "... I saw the Cayman S in person for the first time while dealing routine maintenance on our wagon yesterday, and I'll just say I'd hop a mile on one foot, naked and in the snow, for one of them. (Repeat as necessary: "I'd rather be able to send my kids to whatever college will admit them.")"
Tom, I hear you. Can I give you some advice? You better not drive one! I'm in big time trouble. I need to make serious money to support my Porsche addiction. The first hit was free. The next is going to cost me some serious money. I'll look at it as more incentive to take my company to the next level!
Next post: photos.
2 comments:
My brother has the Cayenne's kissing cousin, the Touareg V8, and it's pretty slick apart from the part about needing to start another War for Oil to keep it fueled.
When he was shopping for what ended up being that, we had gone and driven a 996 Carrera 2, and I have to say that was the easiest car to drive fast I've ever had the privilege of driving. About the only saving grace was that the price was insane and despite the insane price, the interior was a little downscale compared to my late 330Ci. (And John was about 8 weeks old at the time.) But I understand that the 997 is mcuh improved in that department.
Fortunately or otherwise, I spend my weekends playing with my kids rather than driving cars. Keeps me out of trouble.
I'm thinking that having kids would be cheaper for me at this point. Well, that is until they go off to college.
I've never heard of the Touareg. (Not surprising, really, when you consider I learned of the Boxster's existence mere months before owning one.) I read up on it, and it sounds looks really nice, too.
-----
evotuoyh- Evo-tu? Oyh!
The newest phrase spoken by French teens with the sole purpose being to confuse their parents and teachers.
Post a Comment