
Saldi = Sales; Chiuso per ferie = Closed for holiday/vacation

Sconti = discounts (Sale! and it's closed!)

Si riapre martedi 25 agosto = (re)open (on) Tuesday, 25 August

Chiudera' per ferie = We will be closed for holiday
Saldi, saldi, saldi. Practically every store is having a sale. It's this way every August in Italy, a country that doesn't have Walmart, Ross or Marshall's. In this country, a 20% tax is built into the price and stores can legally only have a sale when permitted by the state. It's no wonder many live for the "saldi".
It's hard for me to get terribly excited since I'm going to be back home in a few weeks and I have the currency exchange working in my favor. I'm guessing that in this current economy our own "Back to School" sales will be lasting longer than usual.
Brescia is a ghost town in August. Everybody is at the sea or somewhere else for vacation, which makes Brescia the perfect place to be in hot August: No lines at the gelateria!
2 comments:
But you're only coming back for a month, before you move in with your Israeli boy friend.
Also, the Italian location scout has officially apologized for the last Bond movie having s*ck*d because you weren't in it.
All of this is true, Ken, except my boyfriend is Sicilian.
Thanks for relaying the location scout's message. Apology accepted on the grounds that they use me in the next film. (I guess that means that I actually have to audition though.)
Post a Comment