Tuesday, June 03, 2008

785. You don't know what I mean? Well, neither do I.

In my love post, I wrote that I had a feeling things were going to end badly. It occurred to me today, this morning, that for once in my life I don't need to watch a thing run its course.

I am a hopeless romantic. I want happy endings to the point, much to my chagrin, that I don't pull over and turn around even when I see warning signs, the men working ahead and their proceed-with-caution flags, and (god help me) even when I hear the words that fill the air--words, words, meaningless yet telling words (after much deciphering done on my part).

It doesn't have to end as badly as it will should I let it run its natural course. It can just end. I can turn around, consult my map, lower my convertible's top, and choose an other destination.

Of course, the question remains: Where shall I go?

This time around, I'm going to do something even crazier, because (1) I'm tired and (2) I don't want to continue on the windy Highway 1 any longer; and (3) God knows I don't want to travel on the straight, flat highway through Kansas. I'm parking by the side of the road--the side overlooking the magnificent Pacific Ocean, of course--and taking a break (after a good cry).

Maybe it's time to let somebody else drive.

3 comments:

TheTart said...

Sheesh, I just did the good cry thing. Hard on the eye balls, but so good for the soul. It helps to have a trendy box of kleenex tissue ... Go to my bloggy for video of such.

Big hugs & smooches ...
The Tart
; *

Unknown said...

One should NEVER underestimate the power of a good cry.

Unknown said...

...as well as the power of big hugs & smooches!