Tonight I called my Italian teacher a boob. Well, not him per se, but rather, his neck.
Sienna has a wonderful organization called Corte di Miracoli that offers many fun and interesting courses like art, dance, yoga, and theater. They also have free Italian classes for immigrants. Tonight my friend Lisa and I went to our first Alfabetizzazione class (beginning level class).
The teacher, a charming and animated person, pointed and grabbed at his various body parts for us to name. When he grabbed at his throat I thought he was referring to everything above, and proudly blurted out "tetta!" thinking I said "head." The teacher's amused look and laughter told me I was wrong, very wrong. Lisa's hysterical giggles (complete with tears streaming down her face) told me that I didn't want to know how wrong I was.
"'Boob!' You said 'boob!'," Lisa miraculously managed to say and that I miraculously managed to hear through her uncontrollable laughter.
"Bond girl!" I reminded her. Naturally anything I say from here-on-out is cool, funny, and interesting, and absolutely intentional. (Now, I know what you're thinking, and to that I reply, "Bond girl!")
Thankfully the other students either didn't hear me or didn't know what "tetta" means, and shouted out various Italian words. When the right answer was given--apparently not tetta--the teacher then grabbed his right chest. "Petto!"
Boys have petti and girls have tette (plural of tetta)... um, I think.
This experience has scarred me. I told Lisa that I'm going to avoid saying words of the anatomical nature in Italian for an indeterminate amount of time, and she suggested that I instead find a nice Italian boy to help me out.
Not a bad idea. Not a bad idea at all. Why, it's exactly the sort of idea you'd expect from a Bond girl.
Bond girl!
--------
*Yes, this paragraph is particularly hint and link heavy. Sorry! I can't help myself, because I haven't yet got my fill of oooo's, aaaah's, and Wow!s for getting a part in a major motion film.
Which part, you ask? (Sure, leave it to you to ask the tough questions!) The part of... um... well... something having to do with publicità. I responded to a casting call for extras and they called me for publicità. Bo.**
What more can I say?
I know: Bond girl!
**"Bo" is Italian slang for "Who knows? Not me."
4 comments:
Why would we be impressed now? You've always been a Bond Girl. It just took the Bond folks this long to figure it out.
:) Thanks, Mike.
Come to think of it, our driving experience was kinda Bond-like. The car was certainly appropriate. You were the heroine, I was the geeky, non-threatening accomplice, and Mike was the sneering villain.
We should make a movie!!!! Neel, start writing! :)
Post a Comment