Saturday, March 08, 2008

(4.7) 762. You'll never guess what I did today.

You'll never guess what I did today, but I'll let you try.
.
.
.
.
Let me know when you give up.
.
.
.
.
Given up yet? No?
.
.
.
.
.
Close, but no cigar. Nice try, though!

Today, I responded to a 007 casting call! A new James Bond film called Quantum of Solace starring Daniel Craig will be filmed on location here in Siena in the next two months and within 2 blocks of my apartment.

This wasn't the first casting call I've attended, but it was my first in Italy and my first for the part "extra". Back home I passed up several "extra" casting calls, because being an anonymous face on the big screen never appealed to my diva alter ego--frankly, she considered it to be a waste of her precious time. Today, she listened to my appeals. I mean, hello, we are in Italy!

Surprisingly, the casting call here was not much different than ones in California--most of your time is spent in line with other hopefuls. At one point my alter ego diva was ready to call it quits and head out for a brioche and coffee. She was standing in line for 2 hours, so who could blame her. But, she made it through the long, boring process. Our picture was taken and I was asked to come back next week to submit my Codice Fiscale (an identification number, basically). Cool! A callback! **

----------
**It's a requirement for everybody to submit an Italian identification number when applying for work, but let's not let my diva alter ego know. She's a bit fragile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
:)

~Scot

Ken Houghton said...

Well, this one would be easier to get from Netflix than Stupid Cupid, at least.

So Go For It!

Unknown said...

Scot: I don't deserve the congratulations just yet, but thank you!

Ken: That's for sure! But it's for the best that S.C. isn't available at Netflix.