Monday, November 12, 2007

746. I've moved into my new apartment.

It didn't take long to move into my new apartment, because it doesn't take much to transport a futon, clothes, some cookware (Thanks, sis!), and towels (Thanks, Mom!).

The great thing about not owning things in Italy is that I can fill my new place with treasures from the plentiful antique markets in and around town. However, there is the issue of my expensive taste and teacher salary. But, will I let that get me down?

I have, but I remind myself that this is a temporary situation, this state of being strapped.

Meanwhile... fall is surrendering into winter here. Thankfully, the sun hasn't surrendered too often. It's only rained a handful of days the past several weeks.

The past week has been gorgeous. Walking through Italian neighborhoods in the chilly air with the sun shining brightly overhead does much to consult, and then ridicule, my petty worries and concerns.

.........
old tile floors!
Old tile flooring throughout... nice!

No comments: