Sunday, October 28, 2007

744. My favorite café in Brescia...

... is S. Carlo.

Fabulous interior design. Top notch cappuccini*. Friendly staff who smile at this foreigner's mostly incomprehensible Italian. Outdoor seating, even.

What else can I say? I love this place.



The stylish businessmen who frequent the joint aren't bad on the eyes, either.

PA250003.JPG

Yesterday at 2 a.m., while I was at a club with The Italians after a pretty decent meal at an agriturismo (a restaurant that produces most, if not all, of its own food), the clocks here were set back. Now, why doesn't the fall/spring changing of the clocks happen internationally on the same day? Weird.

This Thursday is a national holiday, Tutti i Santi. All Saints Day. Many Italians have Friday off of work as well. So far two of my three classes that day have canceled their lessons. However, I'm definitely working on Saturday; I have two classes that day. So, even if I could afford it, no long weekend getaway for me. Hopefully soon, though. I'm thinking Rome in December.

Ciao for now.

------
*plural of "cappuccino" in Italian

3 comments:

Ken Houghton said...

Now, why doesn't the fall/spring changing of the clocks happen internationally on the same day?

Because the U.S. President and his Congress genuflected deeply in front of the energy companies this year, ensuring that some children will be killed in the dark this week who would otherwise have lived?

K.Mize said...

Remember when we missed breakfast in Dublin because of the time change?

Unknown said...

Ken: That crazy president!

K.Mize: I do remember! They didn't let us eat, did they?

For some reason, I was blaming the time change for the reason we were late getting up to go to the Cliffs of Mohr. But that was because I didn't set my alarm when I thought I did! What a dork I am.