
I decided to forgo the tiara at the fair. I didn't want to be mistaken for the Humboldt County Fair's Pageant Queen, and I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate it either--I could just tell by the look in her eye that although she is very pretty, she's one tough chick:

... as are her friends:

Aren't farm animals cute? I would like to have a little farm one day. A cow, a couple of chickens, a rooster, a goat... maybe I can make this happen in Italy?
Read a great quote today in the "to the editor" section of Common Ground, a free publication here in the Bay. It is actually a re-quote from a previous issue's article about couples who choose not to have children. It is applicable to my current mood and uncertainty about my future and whether Italy is the "best" choice for me... Maybe Louisville is where I should be... or the beautiful Bay Area... Marin is nice... what about the south of France...
Jeez, Louise! It's time for me to change my attitude and get excited about Italy!
Here's the quote:
"The truth is that every time we choose to do something in this life we are choosing not to do something else. Life is a series of decisions to be made, the ramifications of which we can't know until we make the decisions--and sometimes not even then. It might surprise us that the decisions we make are not, in themselves, what determine our level of happiness. It is our ability to make decisions using self-knowledge and intuition, and then accept the outcome, that determines our quality of life. Making informed choices and then living our lives gracefully and without comparison to others is the best we can really hope for."
Have a great day.
2 comments:
I bet they didn't say anything because they thought you were a princess. Protocol, you know.
Sara: Darn. I missed an opportunity to do princess things to people, like asking them to fetch me some chocolate.
Post a Comment