Tuesday, July 03, 2007

698. Wish you were there yesterday: A magical day at Versailles.

P7020017.jpg
Steps leading to yonder and to a day of beautiful fun.

P7020077.jpg

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream!
Merrily, merrily, merrily!
Life is but a dream...

P7020079.jpg
...especially at beautiful Versailles on the Grand Canal!


I know how to pick them:
P7020094.jpg
The tree under which I napped.


P7020090.jpg
The view from my nap.

P7020080.jpg
This photo, just because views from a rowboat are nice.


P7020023.jpg
Givin' me a high-five.

What's this? Rain? Even the statues were indignant about the late afternoon rain:
P7020098.jpg

P7020097.jpg
The camera-shy third son is hiding behind his mother.

P7020086.jpg
I resisted my full-steam-ahead-! urge.

P7020069.jpg
Grand Canal at Versailles.

P7020066.jpg
This statue must have done something really, really bad.

P7020056.jpg
Bosquet de la Colonnade, Versailles

P7020044.jpg
Life grows on.

P7020034.jpg
Benches tall enough for leg swinging! What a glorious day!

And because I couldn't neglect my very important work:
P7020037.jpg


P7020020.jpg
Overstated in translation: The sign says it is "strictly forbidden" to climb on the partition.

----------
Well, that was weird. Just now, the phone in my flat rang, and I answered it expecting it to be a French or Italian speaker:

"Hello?"

"Hello?"

"Bonjour...?" (giggle)

"Bonjour... "(laugh)

"C'est Ja..." The other speaker starts to speak so I stop in the middle of saying my name.

"C'est Ja..."

"Hey!" (laughter)

"Hey!" (laughter)

What a strange experience... it was me! A funky phone glitch, I guess. I'm used to talking to myself, but this is the first time I spoke to myself on the phone. I wonder if this is one of those signposts of a deepening friendship. How sweet of me to call. I hope I call again soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I were there too!
:)
Great photos as always.

~Scot

Unknown said...

Thank you!