Monday, April 23, 2007

664. Italy, you make me feel like dancing and climbing the walls. It must be love.

The three most common reasons for blog slacking are: 1) Blog Depression, 2) being too busy, and 3) having skimpy internet access.

My excuse: 2 and 3.

This past week has closely resembled my life back in California: going out to lunch with friends, reading, designing (contract work from back home), and exploring. However, I am not back home. I am in Italy.

Wherever you go, there you are. Indeed.

P4190003.JPG
Salo, Italy. I've been making many friends in Italy. This foreigner is bright and shiny and a thing of novelty. "San Francisco? Molto bella!" The friends I am making have been introducing me to their friends, who in turn introduce me to their friends, who... and, well! by this time next week I will have met all of the citizens of Italy. Is George Clooney in town?


In the tomb of a Roman cathedral in Brescia, Italy.


A monk action figure. Superhero St. Francis of Assisi!


P4130145.jpg
The weather has been amazing: comfortable mid-to-high 70's. California weather. The angels are happy, too.

P4220060.JPG
Castro (a small villa near Bergamo), Italy. A couple of my new Italian rock climbing friends.

Yes, you heard me correctly! I am now a rock climber.

P4220043.JPG
Yours truly, huffing and puffing as I make my way up a rock.


Seconde Classe, a discotech in Brescia, Italy. Another set of new Italian buddies have introduced me to the Italian night life. What fun!

I'm going to go take a nap. But first... gelato!
-------

A scene outside my window about 10 minutes ago:
P4230002.JPG
A father, his bike, dog, and daughter. Awww...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Slacking??
Don't be silly!
After all, you are travelling and appear to be having a wonderful time!
But, thanks for sharing.
:)
-Scot

Sleep Goblin said...

I can't believe you're rock climbing in Italy!!! DS will be so jealous :)

Isn't it fun? Be careful, it's addicting!

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing :)

Unknown said...

Scot-- You're sweet!

S.G.-- Rock climbing is fun. We'll have to go when you come down to KY!

M.T.-- :)