Following in the tradition I started last year:
janelle renée's 2006 looked something like this:
1. I continued blogging. January 9th will be my 2nd anniversary.
2. I'm still alive. (I'll have to bring this item over to my "Continue to Do in the New Year" list.)
3. I made a plan to live in Italy and France from April through July 2007.
4. I applied and got accepted to the University of Louisville. I start in Fall 2007.
5. I've decided to sell the car I am in love with. It'll fund my European adventure. (Plus, I've decided to be more green-- do without a car. At the very least, it'll be an interesting experiment.)
6. I still have all of my fingers and all of my toes.
7. My cats are still fat.
8. I'm cold, temperature cold. Brrrr!
9. Is that it?
10. I'm sure there's more.
11. Filler lines look good though, because people probably won't read this far, and they'll be impressed with the long list!
12. I met many awesome Madison bloggers last summer. Do you think I can convince them all to move to Louisville? Louisville can use some cool Madison energy.
13. I had the honor in meeting three other cool, funny, and hip bloggers. I think they should move to Louisville, too.
14. It was a year of the lowest lows and highest highs for me. It was a roller coaster of a year. I don't regret it, but I wouldn't wish my 2006 on your worst enemy.
Good riddance 2006. All-in-all, you kinda sucked and you kinda didn't. You were an odd one. You know, sorta like the kid in 3rd grade who was funny in a quirky way, yet gross because he ate his boogers.
Happy New Year!
..........
Oooo... the perfect song just now came on. It somehow fits my odd mood. I'll even award it the title, janelle renée's song of the day:
Perfect Girl by Sarah McLachlan
Am I faithful, am I strong, am I good enough to belong
In your reverie a perfect girl
Your vision of romance is cruel and all along I played the fool
All your expectations bury me
[Chorus]
Don't worry you will find the answer if you let it go
Give yourself some time to falter
But don't forgo know that you're loved no matter what
And everything will come around in time
I own my insecurities I try to own my destiny
That I can make or break it if I choose
But you take my words and twist them 'round
Til I'm the one who brings you down
Me me feel like I'm the one to blame for all of this...
[Chorus]
Don't worry you will find the answer if you let it go
Give yourself some time to falter
But don't forgo know that you're loved no matter what
And everything will come around in time
You need everybody with you on your side
Know that I am here for you but I hope in time
You'll find yourself alright alone
You'll find yourself with open arms
You'll find yourself you'll find yourself in time
The riot in my heart decides to keep me open and alive
I have to take myself away from you
'Cause I can't compete I can't deny there's nothing that I didn't try
How did I go wrong in loving you
[Chorus]
Don't worry you will find the answer if you let it go
Give yourself some time to falter
But don't forgo know that you're loved no matter what
And everything will come around in time
5 comments:
You look like me, a year ago. (I got rid of a car I loved and lived in those same regions from May to July).
Now, in 2007, I long for a tiny little car to zip around in (but it stops at "longing," I will not make the investment! On balance, carlessness is awesome!) and I am more realistic about how much time I can spend overseas. When there, I spend too much money on food. I come back broke.
So I am shooting for a more balanced 2007. At least, this is what I say on January 1st.
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year, Nina!
From what I read on your blog, it sounds like you had a wonderful 2006. So, if my list sounds like you, then I'm doubly excited about my 2007.
I shall not be moving to Louisville, at least not in the next year. Though I can promise WAY more visiting than you get now!
Let's make an online play date to search for places to live and cool places to go! (unless you already know where you're going to live, in which case, let's just have an online play date.)
Sleep: That sounds great!
I don't know where I'm going to live, so I can definitely use your help!
:)
Perhaps this weekend for an online date?
Thanks!
yes, this weekend is perfect! e-mail me :)
Post a Comment