What is it about winters? I think I'm part bear. All I want to do right now is hibernate. Maybe with some hot cocoa though. (Those bears don't know what they're missing!)
Without further ado, this is part two of my meditation evening:
Our teacher Daniel has a fiery girlfriend named Eva*. She came to class with a charming story and a menorah. She explained that she visited her Israeli cousins over the weekend and she witnessed the ritual lighting of a menorah. She leaned over to one of her younger cousins and told him that she didn't have one.
Her cousin then went up to his mother, whispered in her ear and disappeared for a few moments. Much to Eva's delight, her little cousin came back and gave her a menorah that he had made.
It was darling... what a creative little boy! Hex nuts were attached to the tiled base to hold the colorful candles. I was happy that Eva brought it to class:
In the white pitcher, hot egg nog and brandy.
See the 2 candy bars off to the side? Yummy.
In the center, Eva's new menorah.
(I think you can click the image for a larger view.)
See the 2 candy bars off to the side? Yummy.
In the center, Eva's new menorah.
(I think you can click the image for a larger view.)
Eva lit the candles and sang a beautiful song in Hebrew. After consulting Wikipedia, I see that there are many different ritual songs it could have been. (I'll contact her and post it when I know.)
I was touched to hear Eva's story and moved that she brought it and her gift to share with the class.
What a beautiful gift she gave to us.
.............
*Name changed.
.............
Ok! Time to go to work. I wish my studio was in a warm dark cave. With hot cocoa. And a fluffy bed. And a warm fire. And, ... oh, I better go!

No comments:
Post a Comment