"Ok, Ms. Fields. We're ready for you. ............ Ms. Fields?"
Excuse me for just one second. I need to locate our celebrity guest. She seems to have disappeared!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
OK! I've located her.
This is what Sally Fields has to say about this week's winner:
Ms. Fields shares her thoughts on this week's award winner.
"My thoughts exactly, Ms. Fields."
"My thoughts exactly, Ms. Fields."
Hm. That's odd. I could have sworn she was wearing a hat earlier. I wonder what the story is? Where is it? Did she lose it? Hm...
Oh, well. Let's continue on, shall we?
The blasted planet Earth has rotated so much within the past 6 months that I can no longer witness the sunrise from my bed. But, you know me. I didn't let it get me down (well... I did, but it didn't last too long), and I found a workable solution--mind you, with no help from the third lump from the sun*. In order to enjoy the sunrise in October (on the fogless and rainless days, that is) I had to step out of my bedroom window and sit on my fire escape balcony. Last week required even more effort, since Mr. Earth decided to rotate EVEN FURTHER towards the north (bastard!), so much so, that fire escape viewing was impossible.
Did I let that stop me? No! In fact, I'm now immune to Earth's goading. (Ha! Take that, Mr. Earth!) I've discovered a simple way** to have an unimpeded 360 degree view of the horizon. I now climb the fire escape ladder up to the roof. It's as simple as sweet potato pie, and the sunrises are--dare I say--even more delicious.
It is from great heights I witnessed this... thing (numbered 1-5):
#1-5: This week's Bad Design of the Week winner.(Close up below the following pic.)
#6: Thankfully, this very nice design offset the yuckiness of #1-5. (See next pic.)
#6 from the above photo. Very Nice Design (the sunrise, if you couldn't tell),minus the airplane mess I scratched out.

Close up of this week's Bad Design of the Week winner.
(As represented in #1-5 in the photo way above.)
Oh! We've located Ms. Field's hat:
It's an interesting and unique look on you, Sally.
Congratulations, Nameless Undulated Building Roof (located in Piedmont), you are this week's Bad Design of the Week winner for being somewhat ugly, and copying the Flying Nun's interesting and unique look. So unoriginal, you Flying Nun wannabe!
--------------
*Just so you know, Earth does not respond quickly to complaints. Its Public Relations Department sucks. I've tried calling, emailing, and letter writing campaigns, and I have yet to hear or see anything remotely resembling a response. However, it is a large organization, so I'll be more patient. I'll let you know how it goes.
**Granted, it's not as simple as laying in bed or stepping out onto the nearby balcony.
**Now, I know what you're thinking. And, you are right! The buildings don't look exactly like the Flying Nun's hat. They have extra bumpy wings, as well they should. Flying Nuns only require three bumps in their "wing" (or hat) for adequate lift. Flying Nuns have hollow bones, too, and are very light. Buildings are much larger (thus, heavier!) than a little bird or nun. They require at least 3+ points for proper lift. Aerodynamics is tricky stuff. This site explains the physics of lift better than me, your humble (and lowly) blogger.


4 comments:
Good post. :) (that's me smiling)
Woo hoo!
Hey, I like the flying nun hat. :-) And your new avatar too!
williebaronet.blogspot.com
Where is your avatar, Willie?
I'm glad you like mine. I think I look a little better than a flying nun hat, but the jury's still out on that one.
Post a Comment