In the last week I've hung up on:
Robert Redford (I just hung up on him. That's right! Just now, this very minute! RR: Sorry, Mr. Redford Hottie Cakes, I already voted. BTW, you're hot.)
Jerry Brown (JB: Sorry that I hung up on you. BTW, I sat next to you at Chez Panisse Café many months ago. I think you're funny. And maybe slightly crazy. But, really, that's ok.)
Hillary Rodham Clinton (HRC: My client has a picture of you on her mantle and can vouch for my most excellent design skills. Do you need something designed? I'm your woman!)
Why did I hang up on these people? Simple: I can think for myself, thank you very much. (Even if I do agree with them, and especially if I don't.) AND... I find automated recorded messages extremely annoying and impersonal. I don't care whose voice it is.
Hooray! Election Day is almost over!
2 comments:
I <3 this post. Made me smile.
Kevin: Yay!
AJ: That is a very nice perk.
I wouldn't mind Sean Connery calling me, either. What a babe!
Post a Comment