Wednesday, September 27, 2006

524. More than a frozen meal.

As you may not recall, I have the Punch Drunk Love soundtrack. The other morning I was listening to my iPod, the song Healthy Choice came on. In the movie Adam Sandler's character takes advantage of a promotional error, and buys gobs of Healthy Choice products so that he can go to Hawaii for free.

Making the healthy choice in life... I didn't see the symbolism until now.

I love the movie's title. Have you ever experienced a love that brings on that sort of foggy, groggy, disorienting mental haze? I have. It's intoxicating and addicting. I'm glad I didn't have to get punched to experience it.

9 comments:

Matt said...

Nice blog. Nice pictures. Nice thoughts. Thanks...

Anonymous said...

You actually bought the CD?

Unknown said...

Matt: Thanks!

Anne: No. I downloaded it.

Anonymous said...

Ah, so you STOLE it?

Unknown said...

Anne: How did you arrive at that conclusion? Hm?

Anonymous said...

Simple, when you said you downloaded it. Nowadays "downloading" seems to be a euphemism for illegally acquiring internet sendable media.

Unknown said...

http://seulementpenseesdeux.blogspot.com/2005/12/214-yet-another-reason-to-love.html

Anonymous said...

10 cents a song? I know of a few sites like that. They have things like The Beatles in their catalog. Strangely enough, the owners of The Beatles songs have never allowed the material to be sold online. Not even by iTunes. It would seem that you're paying the people for the rips, but not the artists/publisher.

Unknown said...

I think I hear your mother calling you. Scoot along, now.