Monday, May 08, 2006

350. Monday Morning Madness.

I am one of those annoying people who doesn't need an alarm clock. If I decide to wake up at 4 o'clock a.m. in order to hit the road for a trip down to Carmel, my body obeys. I simply wake up and get out of bed.

It's pretty cool.

Last night I went to bed thinking that if I wasn't too tired, I should wake up at 5 o'clock. I needed to call New York about some business. Nothing urgent, so I thought my body would give me some wiggle room if I needed it.

Well, damn it, I needed it. At 5 a.m. a voice entered my head: "Janelle, wake up."

To which I responded, "Hey, you never had a voice before. Who are you? I'm going back to sleep."

"Janelle, wake up."

"*&%^!@ I'm going back to sleep. It's not urgent. I'm tired."

Finally, after 15 minutes of arguing with who-knows-who, I was too weirded out to stay in bed. Apparently my body has assumed a voice, and it's not mine.

Guess who's buying an alarm clock?

6 comments:

Sleep Goblin said...

That's... kinda weird.

I wish I could get up when I wanted to. As it is, I arguing with the annoying buzzing for sometimes over an hour. My body just refuses to wake up until it's ready.

Tonya said...

I don't need an alarm clock either and don't use one unless I have to get an early morning flight and stayed up late packing.

My internal alarm clock is very precise. Most mornings I awake at precisely 7 am.

Haven't heard any voices though. That is kinda weird.

Unknown said...

Sleep Goblin: I wonder what's more weird, arguing with in-your-head voices or with an annoying alarm buzz?

Please say you think it's a draw.


Tonya: Oh, I give up. I'm weird.

Sleep Goblin said...

Well, by argue, I meant I hit the snooze button. So I'm afraid I'll have to go with the voices being weirder.

Oscar Madison said...

Could I hire you to be a wake-up call service? It wouldn't matter whether you used the alarm clock or not.

Unknown said...

Sleep Goblin: I think we're all in agreement on that one.

Oscar Madison: I'm happy with my day job, but I'll ask the voice if he's interested.

-------
fduba- What over 70% of the American population is feeling now: F*ck W.