I've been living solo for not even a week now.
Random thoughts (RT) and observations:
RT #1: TV.
I see why TV is so popular. Helps stave off boredom. I think I'll postpone getting one for a while longer, because (a) I have expensive taste and not the budget to match, (2) my curiosity is more powerful than boredom-- what will become of janelle renée after a month of no TV-- will she go bonkers? find enlightenment? get around to finishing those dozen half-read books? find happiness? find true love? find her funny?, (c) I'm still arranging the place-- one less thing to move around, the better, (4) did you like how I alternated between letters and numbers?
RT #2: Internet
I have internet at home now. I imagined that I'd be up into the wee hours surfing for good porn or reading more blogs or becoming more broke shopping or just plain wasting life. As turns out, the internet is quite boring. Words. Pictures. Yawn.
I tested other blog waters, and frankly, I only enjoy the ones I have listed. And few others. (TinyHands-- you'll be added, it just takes me a long time to add people. Just ask Willie.)
I'm not a good internet shopper. I bought some Prada shoes from BlueFly.com and they were too orange. And too, too $200. I returned them. I do better shopping for books and things I know I want. The shop-and-return thing isn't for me.
Books are a better waste of my time.
RT #3: Food.
I eat when I'm bored! Who knew? Good thing I mainly have fruit and veggies in the fridge, otherwise there would be a sized 16 woman typing this instead of a slim sized 6 blogger.
RT #4: Hot chicks get bored and lonely, too.
I cringed when I heard this coming out of my mouth yesterday: I'm too hot to be lonely and bored. Sickening! Not that being cute is sickening, but the expectation of having a more exciting life because of it is.
RT #5: It is up to me.
My most favorite client is becoming one of my newest best friend. He's newly single, too. He told me that my life will now have "holes", and that it's up to me to pick up the phone and call friends. His friends, he said, assume that he is busy, and can't imagine him being bored or sad or lonely. He is a hot gay guy. The Fundamentalist paint a very false picture of gay life. Gays and cute chicks and the rest of us just poke along trying to find happiness, pretend we have it, cling to it when we've think we've got it, all the while wonder if things--and we--ever really do or can change.
Crap! It's only been not even a week!
9 comments:
You are not going to believe this, but I can assure you that I have never said, "I'm too hot to be lonely and bored."
MT, Rice-a-roni is the San Francisco treat, and not the suburbs treat.
Mike-- Behave! I'm NOT in the 'burbs! GEEZ!!!! I'm coming back to you in a moment. I need to calm down.
MT-- I need to get back to yoga. I like the pretending I'm on vacation suggestion! Yeah, I'll try that.
Mike--OK. I'm calm now, and I'm back to you. Oh, never mind.
The cool thing is that when you get really bored and lonely you start talking to yourself. And I mean really talking to yourself. So the whole thing eventually corrects itself. I spend a good part of the day explaining stuff to myself.
But this is after you've downloaded the whole internet.
And hooray for links and red panties!
I play games online with MT. You could join us!
TinyHands--But I already talk to myself. Damn. Well, there's always my red panties and bra!
Goblin-- That sounds like fun! What kind of games to you play?
Ok Miss Red Underwear, let's get started. 1. I did like how you went between numbers and letters. B. I've been without TV service now for about 5 years, and I recommend it! You will be forced to do other things, like surf for porn. I must admit that I do have a tv, just no service, so I can still watch dvds. And porn. 3. Have you heard the song from Avenue Q - The Internet is for Porn? It's funny. D. TinyHands, she does take a long time. That sounded dirty. 5. I'm not going to comment on your RT #4, at least not publicly. 12. It is up to you. M. One thing I've never really gotten used to is these conversations that take place in comments. I usually don't visit old posts to hear replies to my comments, but I realize that in some cases I guess I need to. Just wanted to vent about that. :-) 38. And God (if she does exist) doesn't think you're an idiot. She thinks you're a newly single, hot, red underwear-wearing, porn surfing, slightly bored freak show who takes too long to add people to her links.
xoxo
Willie-- Sure, give me a manuscript to reply to! (Just kidding. I love replying to comments.)
Here we go:
a) I really don't surf for porn. 99% of it is crap. And boring. 2) Never heard of the Q song. I'll have to check it out. c) Oh, don't go personifying god on me! Yuck! I'll shut up now, lest I get walloped on the noggin again. 4) I'm so not a freak show. I'm more like a janelle renée epic with a couple of freak commercials. Unfortunately, the freak commercials like to air on this blog.
Only about 93% of it is crap. :-) But you gotta love that other 7%.
Hope you have a glorious day. You deserve it!
Post a Comment