Sunday, April 09, 2006

314. God must be puzzled, and I'm feeling oddly guilty.

I need some help moving a few pieces of furniture. Since my new apartment ison the top floor of a four story building, I decided to hire some help. My friends will thank me later.

Craig's List is a good place to find help. Usually. Luckily, weirdoes typically can't contain their weirdness, and it spills over into their e-mails and phone messages. What a great filtration system!

Last night I responded to this posting:


STRONG MAN 4 HIRE MOVING ASSISTANCE

Reply to: ______________@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-04-08, 7:38PM

Will handle your possessions, as they were our own.
Hourly rates are:
$45 per hour for two men without a truck (2 hour minimum required)
No extra charge for stairs,
We provide blankets, dollies, etc. (upon request).
So make your next move a pleasant one
References furnished upon request.
Contact ANDY

(555) 555-5555 OR EMAIL AT _________@yahoo.com



I want to move the things over today, and since ANDY posted his ad one half hour before I responded to it (last night), I figured that he would be available today. Sounds reasonable, right?

Let's just say I'm giving 1 more point to the wonderful e-mail filtration system. It catches those TMI* ones beautifully:


On Apr 9, 2006, at 2:07 AM, ANDY wrote:
Hi Janelle Sorry we do not move on any sunday that is GOD days we do church and give Thanks. GOD BLESS Andy



-----
* Too Much Information. ("Sorry, we don't work on Sundays," would have been just as effective.)

4 comments:

Sleep Goblin said...

"that is GOD days"??? I'm sure He would at least appreciate good grammar.

Mike said...

Were you scared to move on a Sunday? It was raining today, perhaps you could have been struck by lightning?

TheTart said...

Still raining... sheesh, me thinks that ya'll should take up water sports, natch! Ya know like kayaking. Up & down the hills in SF would be a blast. Would also provide a new spin on 10ks.

Hmmmmm, so girlfriend, just get a wetsuit w/waterproof crackberry and off ya go!!!!!!!

Happy sunday smooch,
The Tart
; )

Unknown said...

SG-- I'm sure he does!

Mike-- Me, scared? No, Andy was. So, I hired some atheists (expensive, yet professional) to finish the move yesterday. Afterwards, we sacrificed a child or two. (I was too high to remember.) Oh, wait. I think there might have been a sacrificed virgin, too. Those crazy atheists! I'll have to invite them to my house warming celebration.

Tart-- Mike's gift is that he can stop the rain when he runs. MY gift is that I can stop the rain when I move. Over the course of 4 days, I did not get rained on once! And I had the Cayenne to help, too. I'm so grateful that it just a nice, easy, and dry move.