I don't know. But this is how my day looked:
I was in Mill Valley by 8:40am to drop off my car. I arrived early enough to get a Cayenne loaner. Yeah! My service guy, being the sweetheart he is, even offered to touch-up a few of the paint chips my car suffered at the hands of renegade rogue road rocks. (Hey... you don't think he'll charge me, do you? Men!)
8:55 I decided that I deserved a tea for getting up so early and braving morning traffic. (And getting my submissions in on time!) I head to Peet's with a book. I sit and relax. Ahhh. If only I had known what the day had in store for me, I would've spent another hour there!
9:45 I hate to love Target. So easy to return
10:00 4th Street, Berkeley is just down the street, well close enough-- I stop into Hear Music. Buy two Jeff Buckley CD's that I couldn't find on my cheap MP3 sight. I can't believe I just recently discovered his music. Run into my friend L-- She said I looked "Glamorous!" Wow!
10:30 back to the studio. Returned emails. Read blogs.
11:00 business stuff: phone calls, scheduling, cleaning up, maybe read more blogs, maybe even re-read blogs.
11:30 Hey, it's 2:30 in NY, I wonder when they got my submissions?! Go on-line to track. "In transit." IN TRANSIT? What about the priority overnight delivery by 10:30am? Maybe overnight doesn't mean what I think it means. Fuck.
11:31-12:30 My ear hurts. I am on the phone for an hour straight.
FedEx is ran by a bunch of monkeys. Retarded monkeys. No, monkeys are too cute. They are ran by a bunch of retarded hyenas. I hate them. Thunderstorms in Memphis are to blame? Was I born yesterday? Oh, it didn't leave Oakland until this morning? That sounds more honest. Stupid Oakland hyenas. Can I get a fax sent to my recipient by 5:00pm EST explaining why they haven't received my package? This is extremely critical! Finally, finally, finally: "Absolutely."
I call the eventual recipient. No problem, they say. Just have FedEx fax a letter here explaining the problem.
I call back FedEx. "We're on it." Doesn't inspire a whole lotta confidence, what happened to delivery by 10:30am?
12:30 I need a break! Wrote a great e-mail to a friend. Well, I liked it.
1:10 (4:10 EST) I call FedEx to check the status of my fax. I haven't seen my copy yet. "The request is being processed." OK. When should I freak-out and call back? "Give us a half hour."
1:40-2:03 (4:40-5:03 EST) On the phone. "I'm getting the run-around." Wait, I'm the one who should be saying this! Fuck. Is there a manager I can speak to? "That's what I'm doing, ma'am." Oh. Because I can tell!
"I should have thought of this before. I'll get the Customer Advocate for you!"
2:03-2:15 (5:05-5:15 EST) Customer Advocate: Well, they shouldn't have told you that you would get the fax today. I can call them for you, your recipient. Blah, blah, blah.
Tomorrow is going to be another early day.
FedEx, I hate you.
My ear hurts.
5 comments:
Did she say you looked young?
Bastard.
(And no smiley face for you!)
J, it's a Full Moon, natch!
Thanks for sharing your FedEx woes...monkeys run FedEx & Oompa Loompas took over AOL, (((((F))))))
The silver lining is that "glamour" was in the air. It can all crumble, BUT if the whole glam thing is workin... life is not a total loss.
Love your posts, they make me LOL.
Smooch,
The Tart
BTW... A fellow Tart has gone 60's on her blog and howled at the moon...check out her blog: onmybicycle...links at my place. (I think she is in the big-pink-love-cloud = Tart translation "dating a guy")
thanks for the comment...still cant figure out what you do...are you a writer, or are you an agent for writers? You keep mentioning submissions...
Anyway...you spoke of Berkeley 4th street I miss that too...I have a poem about that one as well called "granola" January 23..
P.S I am not advertising my blog!...I am just in love with home...I like you blog...
Tart-- I've read that blog. If I remember correctly, I think I actually liked it. Thanks for ushering me back to it.
Amiamazing--Note for you on my last post. I'll read your post. Don't worry. There's nothing wrong with shameless self promotion (I'm guilty of it, too, I own my own business) until somebody expects something from me I'm not ready to give. (Money, link swaps, etc.)
Post a Comment